Thursday, September 1, 2016

Let's form a "Let's Crash This!" Party

I had one of those "Wouldn't it be great if...?" thoughts this morning. We all know the current main party candidates suck, right? Well, why should we vote for one or the other? Choosing the lesser of two evils is only acceptable, if at all, if it is a really necessary and rare exception to a system that normally works. I think we can all recognize at this point that the American voting system is broken beyond repair. Wouldn't it be great if, on election day, people came to the polling places not to vote, but to party. It could be a Finnegan's Wake for Democracy, so to speak. And we could all wear buttons that say something like "I'm not voting today!" or something like that. It's a way to be visible and voice our disgust and rejection of the current system. I'm not the type of person to organize a big party like that, but I remember how the Occupy Movement started from a single call to action. Hell, let's all have a big party, neither Democrat or Republican, the point being, "Hell No, We Won't Vote!!!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea- I wish you had thought of this in time to get a protest vote organized.
I plan on wearing a 'Vote From the Rooftops' shirt on election day.